Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Mattress Vacuum Cleaner is highly specialized mattress vacuum cleaner which combines several methods to kill and permanently remove dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pollen and other allergens from mattresses and similar surfaces that might cause health issues in both children and adults.
Date: November 08, 2017.
Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Mattress Vacuum Cleaner is very similar to their smaller Housmile Anti-Dust Mites UV Vacuum Cleaner, but they differ in several very important details - more on that later.
Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Methods
Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner combines several methods for permanent removal of bed bugs and dirt from mattresses and similar surfaces:
- unit comes with high speed rotating brush, which agitates mattress at rate of 6000 cycle/min. Vibrations penetrate surfaces of the mattress and help loosen deeply embedded dirt, dust, bugs and other allergens. Also, brush is of dual design, helping clean surface dirt more efficiently.
- Unit is powered with 350 W motor. Vacuum's suction is rated at 10.5 kPa, which is very good for the unit of this size. For example, large domestic heavy duty vacuums create up to 20 kPa of suction. Stronger suction would improve cleaning itself, but it would be harder to use the unit on softer surfaces like pillows, sofas and similar. Anyway, 10.5 kPa suction creates very strong airflow that removes dirt from the cleaned area into the vacuum.
- Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner is true HEPA vacuum cleaner and it captures 99.97% of 0.3 microns or larger particles and exhausts clean air. Good filtration is extremely important for mattress vacuums, otherwise all the sucked in small particles would be returned to the cleaned area, and that must be avoid. To improve air filtration even more, this unit also utilize activated carbon air filtration, removing even odors.
- UV Tube emits at 253.7 nm and is used for surface sterilization. UV light of this wavelength is dangerous, so be sure to use the vacuum as intended by the manufacturer. Although the unit is easy and straightforward to use, when it arrives, be sure to read the manual/instructions thoroughly.
- UV tube is very efficient in surface sterilization, but its rays can't penetrate very deep. That is where hot air comes to place. Unit is design to blow hot air heated up to 149°F (65?). Such high temperature hot air ensures high dust mites and other bed bugs killing rate - it not only that directly kills bugs, it also dries surface, denying the bed bugs one of the key factors required for their existence - moisture! Note that cleaned surfaces must be able to withstand such heat without damage. In lab conditions, the rate of killing bed bugs, mites, bacteria and other microorganisms is almost up to 99.7%. At home, this percentage can be even higher, it just requires more time and more vacuum passes.
Dirt cup capacity is 200 ml and at first it could be larger. However, don't forget that this is mattress vacuum cleaner and as such, it doesn't require larger dust cup.
Unit is compact and lightweight, weighing 4.5 pounds (~2.03 kg) - there are lighter mattress vacuums on the market, but they usually lack certain feature(s) found in this unit.
Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner Operation
High speed rotating brush (2) agitates deeply embedded dirt (bed bugs, bacteria, pollen etc.) and help remove surface dirt. Strong air flow (3) suck the dirt into the unit, while HEPA air filtration ensures that the dirt stays in the unit.
Strong UV rays (1) sanitize cleaned surface - how deep UV rays penetrate the mattresses, pillows and other cleaned surfaces depends on the used materials, and how thick and dense they are.
Hot air (4 and 1) deeply dries and partially even sanitize vacuumed surface. We say 'partially', because hot air penetration depth depends on many factors, which can improve or limit hot air effectiveness.
Note: hot air helps remove moisture from the mattress and thus helps get rid of mites and other similar bugs permanently - no moisture, no dust mites :)
By combining rotating brush, good suction, UV light and hot air, Housmile UV Anti-Dust Mites Cleaner is designed to be as efficient as possible. It works very well in cleaning dust mites, bacteria and other bed bugs away from the mattresses, pillows, curtains, carpets, clothes, sofas etc. Just be sure that cleaned surfaces tolerate high temperature and UV rays.
Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner vs Housmile Anti-Dust Mites UV Vacuum Cleaner
Housmile manufactures several highly specialized mattress vacuums, but also other home appliances and devices, designed to improve wellbeing.
Following table compares two very similar Housmile mattress vacuums:
|Model - Our Review Link||Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner||Housmile Anti-Dust Mites UV Vacuum Cleaner|
|Weight||4.5 lbs||2.81 lbs|
|UV Light||Yes - 253.7 nm||Yes - 253.7 nm|
|Hot Air||Up to 149°F (65?)||Up to 130°F (55°C)|
|High Frequency Vibrations||6 kHz||3.8 kHz|
|Vibrations Source||Rotating Brush||Beater Bar|
|Dirt Cup||200 ml||160 ml|
|Suction||10.5 kPa||8.5 kPa|
|Amazon Link||Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner||Housmile Anti-Dust Mites UV Vacuum Cleaner|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new windows, feel free to check latest offers and current prices.
Obviously, Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner is stronger and heavier than Housmile Anti-Dust Mites UV Vacuum Cleaner. They both use same methods (high frequency vibrations, UV light, hot air, strong suction) to clean and sanitize mattresses and other surfaces.
Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner also has larger dirt cup, stronger suction and wider cleaning path. Also, it slightly costs more, but both units are rather affordable mattress vacuums, especially considering what they have to offer.
IMHO, Housmile Anti-Dust Mites UV Vacuum Cleaner is better choice for occasional cleaning of mattresses, pillows, cloths, upholstery, curtains etc. It requires more time to clean and sanitize same area, but it is lighter, easier to maneuver, and slightly cheaper. Personally, price difference is so small that it should be taken into account when deciding which unit to buy.
Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner is stronger, heavier and it cleans better and faster. It is slightly harder to maneuver around and it costs slightly more.
IMHO, if you do need a good mattress cleaner, and you are not sure which one to take, but your mattresses can withstand 150°F hot air, go for Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner.
Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner vs Dyson V6 Mattress Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson V6 Mattress Handheld Vacuum Cleaner is a version of Dyson V6 cordless, handheld vacuum cleaner, specialized for cleaning mattresses and similar surfaces.
There are several, very important differences between these models:
- Dyson V6 Mattress is cordless unit, powered via onboard lithium ion battery. In max. power mode its motor operates at full power (350W) and battery can provide energy for 6 minutes of operation. When the power is decreased, unit can operate for 20 minutes. After the battery is discharged, it requires 3.5 hours to fully recharge.
On the other hand, Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner is corded unit and can operate as long as the mains power is present.
- depending on the attached cleaning tool, Dyson V6 Mattress weighs 3.5 - 4 pounds, while Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner weighs slightly more - 4.5 pounds.
- air filtration - both units are true HEPA vacuums.
- Dyson V6 Mattress comes with 0.4 liters dirt cup, while Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner comes with much smaller (0.2 liters) dirt cup. However, mattress vacuum cleaner doesn't require large dirt cup, since the volume of the dirt from mattresses is not like the volume of the dirt from heavily soiled carpets, for example.
- Dyson V6 Mattress doesn't have UV light and it also lacks hot air blower - these two features are very important when cleaning and sanitizing mattresses.
- Dyson V6 Mattress model comes with several cleaning attachments: Motorized Mattress Tool, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Soft Dusting Brush, Mini Motorized Tool, and Wide Nozzle Tool. Exact list of available cleaning attachments can change over time. Anyway, Dyson V6 Mattress is more versatile unit than Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner and can be used for cleaning other surfaces and other types of dirt.
- Dyson V6 Mattress costs more than Housmile model.
If you are looking for a handheld vacuum that can be used around the house for everyday cleanups, for cleaning in emergencies and you want to occasionally clean your mattresses, Dyson V6 Mattress is good choice.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Dyson V6 Mattress Handheld Vacuum Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
If you are looking for affordable vacuum cleaner that will thoroughly clean and sanitize your mattresses, pillows, cloths etc. Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner is obvious choice. It is highly specialized vacuum, but it is also top-of-the-line product for such tasks.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Housmile Anti-Bacterial UV Vacuum Cleaner Amazon link (link opens in the new window).