Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away NV751, NV752 and NV753 Vacuums are 3-in-1 vacuum cleaners: they can be used as classic and powerful upright vacuum cleaners, as Lift-Away Pod with Powered Brush Roll and as classic and convenient canister vacuum cleaner with Caddy. They are based on Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and equipped with washable HEPA filters and are available at very reasonable price.
Updated: March 29, 2017.
Technically speaking, NV751, NV752 and NV753 are practically identical vacuums, with only differences in their color and available attachments.
Their comparison and specifications are given in the following table:
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away NV751, NV752 and NV753 Comparison
|Model||Shark Rotator NV751 Powered Lift-Away Deluxe Vacuum, Rose Metal||Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet Vacuum, Bordeaux||Shark Rotator NV753 Powered Lift-Away Vacuum|
|Powered Lift Away||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Surface Cleaning Types||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carptes, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors|
|Advanced Swivel Steering||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cord Length||30 ft||30 ft||30 ft|
|Nozzle Width||12 inch||12 inch||12 inch|
|Cleaning Path||10.5 inch||10.5 inch||10.5 inch|
|Product Weight||15.6 lbs||15.6 lbs||15.6 lbs|
|Filtration||Sealed vacuum technology with Washable HEPA Filters||Sealed vacuum technology with Washable HEPA Filters||Sealed vacuum technology with Washable HEPA Filters|
|Hard Floor Genie||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pet Power Brush||Yes||TruePet Mini Motorized Brush||Pet Multi Tool|
|Dusting Genie||Yes||Yes||Mini Motorized Brush|
|Dusting Brush||Yes||Yes||Duster Crevice|
|Pet Upholstery Tool||Yes||Yes||-|
|LED Lights - Floor Nozzle, Handle||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Amazon Link||Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Deluxe (NV751)||Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752)||Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away (NV753)|
Note: Amazon affiliate links in the table open in the new windows, feel free to check them for more reviews and recommendations.
Being equipped with 1200W, Shark Rotator NV751/752/753 have more than enough suction power to their job efficiently. There are stronger vacuum cleaners with stronger suction, but with 12 inch (30.5 cm) wide nozzles, this is more than enough. 12 inch nozzle is wide enough to cover large area in a single sweep and still narrow enough to be used around furniture and similar hard-to-reach areas.
Having 15.6 lbs (around 7.1kg), they are not the lightest in their class, but far from being too heavy to be used comfortably - advanced swivel steering enables easy maneuvering around tight corners and edges.
Shark NV751/752/753 come with Sealed vacuum technology with washable HEPA filters, which is very important and great feature in this price class.
Due to number of attachments, vacuums can be used on various surfaces, including carpets, rugs and various bare floors. Even better, NV751/752/753 are very configurable and they can be used as three different vacuums:
- an upright vacuum cleaner,
- Lift-Away Pod with Powered Brush Roll,
- a canister vacuum cleaner with Caddy.
Being so configurable, vacuum cleaner is capable of covering large area and different surfaces like floors, upholstery, walls, stairs etc.
Also, vacuums are equipped with LED lights - this sounds like unnecessary feature, but if you have small kids and pets, you really want to see what is in front of cleaning head under furniture and other similarly lit areas.
It saves one from searching for things in transparent dirt bins :o)
Also, strong headlights enables one to see all the dirt and hair in front of the vacuum cleaner, especially on the bare floors.
Power cord is 30 ft (~9.1m) long and using single outlet, one can cover really large area. Suction power is adjustable, which is very important on certain sensitive carpets, rugs and similar surfaces - if you have issues with cleaning certain surfaces, be sure to use proper attachment and adequate suction power.
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752) vs Shark Rocket with DuoClean (HV382)
With so many vacuums on the market, it is sometimes really hard to choose which one to buy. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away models are excellent vacuums, but so do are Shark Rocket with DuoClean vacuums.
These vacuums are very different in many ways, but nonetheless, people often choose between very different models.
So, here are few notes and comparisons of these two vacuums.
- Shark NV752 is designed to be used as classic upright vacuum cleaner, as Lift-Away pod with powered brush roll and as canister vacuum cleaner with caddy. Shark HV382 is very light and slim upright vacuum cleaner, which converts easily into corded handheld vacuum cleaner.
- motor power - Shark NV752 comes with 1200 W motor, while Shark HV382 comes with much weaker, 600 W motor. With 12 inches wide nozzle, NV752 can clean larger area quickly.
- air filtration - NV752 is true HEPA vacuum cleaner, with 'Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology'. HV382 has very good air filtration, but it is not true HEPA vacuum. Nonetheless, many HV382 users praise its air filtration.
- floor types - both vacuums are well suited for both bare floors and carpets. HV382 uses main cleaning head which combines uses two different brushrolls spinning together, while NV752 uses 'classic' powered brushroll.
- cleaning tools and attachments - HV382 comes with many attachments enabling it to cover various types of dirt on various surfaces like Upholstery Tool, Dusting Brush, Duster Crevice, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush and Under Appliance Wand. However, NV752 comes with even more attachments and fittings: Hard Floor Genie, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush, Dusting Genie, Dusting Brush, Pet Upholstery Tool and additional stretch hose.
- weight - NV752 weighs 15.6 lbs, while HV382 weighs 9.9 lbs in upright vacuum configuration and only 3.5 pounds as handheld vacuum. There are much lighter handheld vacuums than HV382, but they can't match its suction and versatility.
- price - Shark NV752 costs more than HV382, but not much. Price difference varies, but it is rarely more than $50, and sometimes even less than $30.
Both NV752 and HV382 have swivel steering, LED headlights, and 30 feet long power cord.
Shark NV752 vs Shark HV382 - if you don't mind spending little bit more money and you need main vacuum cleaner for your home or apartment, Shark NV752 is the way to go. Shark HV382 is excellent vacuum cleaner and can be used as the main vacuum cleaner for larger homes and apartments, too, but personally, NV752 is better suited for that role.
If you have plenty of furniture and other potential obstacles, NV752 can cover that area easily - it converts from one vacuum type to another easily. But, with its slim design, HV382 can reach many areas faster and without any conversions, especially considering the weight difference. And many people use it as an excellent emergency handheld vacuum cleaner.
In the end, it all comes to the individual needs and preferences.
If you are on the budget and you need good vacuum. similar to NV752 or HV382, but at slightly lower price, consider:
- Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E, instead of NV572,
- Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright HV322, instead of HV382.
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752) vs Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away XL Capacity with Canister Caddy (NV755)
Shark NV752 and Shark NV755 are two very similar models. They are both 3 vacuum cleaners in 1 unit: upright vacuum, powered lift-away vacuum and canister vacuum, they are both based on Shark's 'Never Loses Suction Technology', have powered motorized brush in all modes, have 'Dust-Away Hard Floor Attachment' for bare floor cleaning, both come with 'Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology' and both are based on Shark's 'Rotator Technology' with enhanced swivel steering.
Main difference is in size and capacity of NV755's dirt cup - NV752's dirt cup capacity is 0.825 gallons and NV755's dirt cup capacity is 0.925 gallons. This 0.1 gallon difference doesn't sound much, but for people having large area to clean in one single cleaning, this means less interruptions for emptying the dirt cup.
Also, NV752 is slightly heavier - 17 pounds (7.7 kg) vs 15.6 pounds (7.06 kg).
Both units practically have the same suction - effectively around 270 Air Watts.
For more info about Shark NV755, check Shark Rotator NV755 Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
Shark Rotator NV751, NV752 and NV753 are not cheap cleaning tools. They cost more than very popular Shark NV356E, but they are generally better vacuums that justify higher price tag.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to follow Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet Vacuum Amazon link (link opens in the new window).