When it comes to cleaning carpets, it’s hard to know which machine to get. They can be expensive, hard to use, or too heavy. But never fear — we’ve pulled together our list of the top-seven carpet cleaners, and what they’re great for.
1. Hoover Max Extract 60
This carpet cleaner has a lot of features we love, and that’s why it’s so highly rated by various sites as the best carpet cleaner.
The Hoover Max Extract is super easy to use.
Unlike some of the competitors that are bulky, cumbersome, and difficult to maneuver, this carpet cleaner makes the job easier through it’s easy to fill the water tank. You can repeat the carpet area, and not worry about leaving the carpet mushy, and the heated air actually speeds up the drying process.
The Hoover Max Extract has separate water tanks.
We love this because after you wash, you can pass right over the same spot with clean water for a rinse. No changing out water during the carpet cleaning process.
The Hoover Max Extract has a wide cleaning path.
The wider the path, the fewer the passes. Need we say more?
2. Hoover Power Scrub FH50150
- Dirty water capacity 1 gallons , clean water capacity 1 gallons, detergent capacity 16 ounces....
- DUAL V NOZZLE: Evenly cleans surfaces with equal suction
3. Bissell 1622 PowerLifter
- Full Size Carpet Cleaner with 4 row dual rotating DirtLifter PowerBrushes; Cleaning Path Width:...
- The rotating brush scrubs and lifts away dirt and stains that a vacuum can't get
The PowerLifter is a great choice for people who live in small houses or apartments. It’s compact, light-weight, and easy to carry around.
The PowerLifter has a wide cleaning path. With 11 inches of cleaning path, this compact machine cleans about 75 square feet of carpet without needing to refill the small tank with fresh water. When you live in a small apartment, you can do it in about two rounds or less. That’s pretty great.
4. Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner
- Cleaning tank capacity (gallons) - 1. Dual cross action brushes oscillate and rotate to scrub...
- 75 percent more suction than comparable carpet cleaning machines slashes drying time; quick dry...
This carpet cleaner has been ranked as having the best suction for an in-home carpet cleaner. Its powerful suction means you won’t have to wait hours on end for the carpet to dry. It also has a couple of other really great features.
The Deep Carpet Cleaner has side bristles.
This means that you can clean the edges of carpets easily. For those of us who want our carpets clean from wall to wall, this is a great feature.
The Deep Carpet Cleaner includes an upholstery tool.
If you’ve got messy kids, or a slobbery dog, that upholstery tool is really going to come in handy for getting their favorite nesting spots clean.
5. Bissell Deep Clean Premier
- Get unbeatable pet-stain and odor removal (compared to other upright pet carpet cleaning...
- Heatwave Technology helps maintain constant water temperature throughout the cleaning process...
This fantastic carpet cleaner vacuum is highly ranked for its maneuvering capabilities. Two of the key things to note on this carpet cleaner:
The Deep Clean Premier was designed with pet owners in mind.
This carpet cleaners ranks among the highest for removing those stinky, unsightly spots left by our furry friends.
The Deep Clean Premier has large water tanks, for less frequent filling.
Not having to refill constantly means saving time. And the fact that the clean water tank actually collapses down as the dirty water tank fills means this cleaner is less bulky than others.
6. Bissell SpotClean Pro 3624
- Professional Spot Cleaner removes tough spots and stains from carpet, stairs, upholstery and...
- 5 flex hose helps to clean spots and stains in hard to reach areas including stairs,...
This little machine is one of the best carpet cleaners for getting up messes, and doing touch ups in high traffic areas of your home. You can’t always pull out the big machine to carpet clean when the puppy makes a mess, but you can pull out this light-weight machine. It’s perfect for cleaning stairs, too, and comes with a handy tool designed just for that task.
7. Bissell SpotBot Pet Carpet Cleaner 33N8A
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The...
- Handsfree Spot & Stain Cleaner: Automatic cleaning cycles allow you to choose your setting and...
This one is great for going after those deep, set-in stains on either carpet or upholstery. It’s economically priced, too, which means that if you’re not feeling the full upright carpet cleaner price, you can grab this Bissell SpotBot, and take care of the problem areas without breaking the bank.
These seven machines are the top contenders in our book. From deep cleaning, dark spot attacking action, to shampooing the stairs, cleaning pet messes from upholstery or any other mess you’ve got, one of these carpet cleaning machines will do the trick.