The Dyson vacuum models V6, V7, V8, V10, and V11 share the same design philosophy, but they also differ in many important aspects, such as operating time, suction power, size, provided cleaning attachments, and so on. But before we start comparing the cordless Dyson V6 vs Dyson V7 vs V8 vs Dyson 10 vs Dyson 11 vacuums, it is also very important to state which models we compare (Trigger, Motorhead, Animal, Absolute, etc.) and what their main differences are…
Dyson V6 vs Dyson V7 vs V8 vs V10 vs V11 – Main Similarities
The Dyson V6, V7, V8, V10, and V11 models are convertible cordless vacuums. Here is what they share:
- Powered by suction fade-free lithium-ion batteries,
- Great suction capacity
- Many useful cleaning attachments for various tasks around the home, car, or boat.
Since they’re lightweight upright vacuums, thanks to the lithium-ion batteries, advanced cleaning heads, and other similar state-of-the-art cleaning tools, the Dyson V6, V7, V8, V10, and V11 cordless vacuums can easily play the role of the main vacuum cleaner in smaller homes and apartments.
- However, for such role, some people may still prefer a corded upright vacuum, which offers stronger suction and longer run time, without the frustrating limitations of onboard batteries.
- Fortunately, with the advent of Dyson V10 and V11, which have an operating time of around 60 minutes each, much of that inconvenience is now gone.
For more info on Dyson’s best-selling upright vacuums check out our Dyson Small Ball, Ball and Cinetic Big Ball Upright Vacuums – Comparisons and Reviews article.
- Dyson V6, V7 and V8 models are relatively similar units and share the same design philosophy, but the main differences between them consist in dust bin capacity, suction power, operating time, and of course, price.
- The V10 and the V11 come with a revamped body, stronger suction, and an insane battery run-time for a cordless vacuum cleaner.
Dyson V6 vs Dyson V7 vs V8 vs V10 vs V11: Comparison
|Vacuum Model||Dyson V6||Dyson V7||Dyson V8||Dyson V10||Dyson V11|
|Dirt bin volume||0.4 liters||0.5 liters||0.5 liters||0.77 liters||0.77 liters|
|Suction Power (boost mode)||100 Air Watts||100 Air Watts||115 Air Watts||140 Air Watts||185 Air Watts|
|Battery Run-Time (normal mode)||20 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
|Battery Run-Time (boost mode)||6 minutes||6 minutes||7 minutes||6 minutes||12 minutes|
|Where to Buy|
Note: Battery run-time depends not only on the power mode but also on the attachments used.
About the Dyson V6
The Dyson V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner comes in several variants:
- The Dyson V6 Standard Cordless Vacuum model replaced the older Dyson DC35 vacuum
- The Dyson V6 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum model replaced the Dyson DC44 vacuum cleaner.
Dyson V6 vacuum cleaner is (or was) available in 10 or so models, which differ in the provided cleaning tools, level of air filtration, intended purpose and of course, price.
Note that, at the moment, the Dyson V6 models are no longer offered on Dyson’s official website, but you can find plenty of matching spare parts for them instead. Dyson has reportedly discontinued the entire ‘budget’ V6 cordless series because the V6s are technologically obsolete.
The Dyson V6 Standard Cordless’s uncrowned successor is the Dyson v7 Motorhead
The complete list of the ‘old’ and ‘new’ Dyson V6 models includes:
- Dyson V6 Trigger,
- Dyson V6 Mattress,
- Dyson V6 Car + Boat,
- Dyson V6 Top Dog,
- Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum,
- Dyson V6 Baby + Child,
- Dyson V6 HEPA,
- Dyson V6 Motorhead,
- Dyson V6 Animal,
- Dyson V6 Fluffy,
- and of course, Dyson V6 Absolute.
For a comparison review of the Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum models versus its cordless predecessors, feel free to check our Dyson DC35, DC44, DC59 And V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuums Comparison post.
Also, you can find many of the Dyson V6 models for sale on Amazon (but get them while the stock lasts).
Dyson V7 Models
Just like the V6, V8, V10, and V11 series, you can use the Dyson V7 cordless vacuum cleaner as handheld cordless vacuum cleaner or as stick/upright vacuum.
- It comes with an improved lithium-ion battery, which provides fade-free suction for up to the 30 minutes in the normal mode and for up to the 6 minutes in the maximum power mode.
- Thirty minutes of continuous use is generally more than enough to cover a rather large area and thoroughly clean it even though some people may disagree.
Dyson V6 vs Dyson V7
- The Dyson V7 is a bit pricier than the V6, but the extra cost translates into longer battery operating time (30 minutes versus 30) and a complete redesign of the emptying system (you no longer need to touch the dirt to get it out).
- The V6 is a great cordless cleaner for smaller homes and emergency cleaning (with its paltry 20 minutes of continuous run-time).
- As another big plus, the V7 is lightweight and easily carried around even by the elderly. When not in use, it is best left plugged in its docking station, which also charges it, if you want to have the vac ready for use at a moment’s notice.
- The V7’s dirt bin capacity is 0.5 liters, which is enough for most sweeping tasks in a home. Since the dirt bin is easily emptied, it is recommended to empty it after each use.
- Another piece of good news is that the bin is transparent, enabling the user to monitor the type and amount of vacuumed stuff (missing socks anyone?) while vacuuming.
- Like the Dyson V6, V8, V10, ad V11, the V7’s air filtration system is based on strong cyclonic action and mechanical filtration.
At the moment, the Dyson V7 cordless vacuum is available in 7 models:
- Absolute (exclusive to Dyson.com)
- Animal HEPA
- Allergy (exclusive to Dyson.com)
- Fluffy (for hard floors)
- and Car+Boat.
The Dyson V7 Moorhead cord-free vacuum has 75 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cord-free vacuum. Engineered for all floor types, the direct-drive cleaner head drives bristles into the carpet to remove ground-in dirt. The Dyson V7 Moorhead cord-free vacuum quickly transforms into a handheld for quick clean UPS, spot cleaning and cleaning difficult places. Cleans hard floors with extra power for carpets.
This basic model includes the following parts:
- The Dyson V7 Motorhead main unit,
- Direct-Drive Cleaner Head (to remove hard-to-reach dirt from carpets),
- a Docking Station,
- a Combination Tool
- a Crevice Tool.
Dyson V7 Absolute
This model can be purchased solely on Dyson’s official website. The package includes:
- the Dyson V7 Absolute main unit,
- 1 x Soft Roller Cleaner Head (specially designed for hard floors),
- 1 x Direct Drive Cleaner Head,
- 1 x Mini Motorized Tool,
- 1 x Docking Station,
- 1 x Combination Tool,
- 1 x Crevice Tool,
- 1 x Soft Dusting Brush.
Dyson V7 Animal HEPA
Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. The instant-release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use. The direct-drive cleaner head drives bristles deep into the carpet to remove ground-in dirt. It features 150% more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cord-free vacuum.
This model includes:
- the Dyson V7 Animal HEPA main unit,
- 1 x Direct-Drive Cleaner Head,
- 1 x Docking Station,
- 1 x Quick Release Combination Tool,
- 1 x Quick Release Crevice Tool,
- Quick Release,
- 1 x Mini Motorized Tool,
- 1 x Quick Release Mini Soft Dusting Brush,
- 1 x Quick Release Stubborn Dirt Brush,
- 1 x Hard Floor Tool,
- and the Dyson tool bag.
Dyson V7 Allergy
The Direct-drive cleaner head drives bristles deep into the carpet to remove ground-in dirt. It has 75% more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 Cord-free vacuum. The Dyson V7 Allergy HEPA cordless vacuum cleaner engineered to clean allergens from homes works with all types of floors.
This model includes:
- 1 x Motorhead,
- 1 x Crevice tool,
- 1 x Combination Tool,
- 1 x Docking Station,
- and whole machine filtration (for expelling “cleaner air than the air you breathe,” according to Dyson).
This model features a longer run time than the Dyson V6 handheld vacuum. The Dyson free 2-year warranty covers parts and labor, plus free shipping there and back.
This model includes:
- the Dyson V7 Trigger main unit,
- 1 x Mini Motorized Tool,
- 1 x Combination Tool,
- and 1 x Crevice Tool.
With fade-free lithium-ion batteries, suction starts strong and stays strong in this model. It features a longer run time than the Dyson V6 handheld vacuum. Keep in mind to wash the filter with cold water at least every month.
This model includes:
- Dyson V7 Car+Boat mani unit,
- 1 x Car Charger,
- 1 x Mini Motorized Tool,
- 1 x Extension Hose,
- 1 x Combination Tool.
The Dyson V7 series offers excellent operating times, large number of cleaning attachments for various tasks and plenty of power when required. To avoid significantly shortening of the battery run-time time, don’t ‘play’ with maximum power mode too much 🙂
More on cleaning heads and other attachments – later in the article.
Dyson V8 Models
As said before, the Dyson V8 follows the same design philosophy just like Dyson V6.
- It can be used as handheld cordless vacuum cleaner or as cordless stick/upright vacuum cleaner.
- It comes with a high capacity lithium-ion battery, being able to provide fade-free suction of up to 40 minutes and in the MAX power mode, up to 7 minutes.
- At 5.75 lbs., this unit is heavier than the Dyson V6 (5.1 lbs.) or the Dyson V7 (5.43 lbs.), but still lighter than the V10 (5.8 lbs.) and the V11 (5.68 lbs.) so it can be easily carried around.
- It is also stored and charged in docking station, waiting to be used at a moment’s notice.
- Dirt bin capacity is 0.5 liters and it is enough for most tasks at home.
Considering the price, features, and 40 minutes of operating time on a single charge, the dirt bin could have been larger. Dyson V8’s dirt bin is also transparent and easy to empty (no need t touch the dirt while you’re at it).
At the moment, Dyson V8 cordless vacuum is available in two models: Animal and Absolute
This model includes Dyson V8 Animal main unit, 1 x Direct Drive Cleaner Head, 1 x Mini Motorized Tool, 1 x Combination Tool, 1 x Crevice Tool, and 1 x Mini Soft Dusting Brush.
Model on the left – Dyson V8 Animal with Direct-Drive Cleaner Head. Model on the right – Dyson V8 Absolute with Soft Roller Cleaner Head mounted on the wand.
This model includes Dyson V8 Absolute, Soft Roller Cleaner Head, Direct Drive Cleaner Head, Mini Motorized Tool, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool and Soft Dusting Brush.
Dyson V6 vs Dyson V7 vs V8
Dyson V8 offers excellent operating time, double of the Dyson V6 and 33% better than the Dyson V7. It also comes with a large number of cleaning attachments for various tasks and surfaces.
Note that it is also possible to order other Dyson’s attachments later, if needed. Plus, Dyson V7 and Dyson V8 attachments are fully interchangeable.
Although it has the best lithium-ion battery when compared to its predecessors, Dyson V8 still has rather short operating time on maximum power setting – just 7 minutes. However, during those 7 minutes, its suction almost matches that of large corded units.
The Dyson V10 and Dyson V11 Models – What’s New
With the V10 and V11 series, Dyson has completely redesigned its popular line of cordless vacuum cleaners. Unlike previous V series models, whose dust bin had a vertical orientation, the V10 and V11 series have a more straightforward horizontal orientation, which maximizes suction since the airflow resistance from the cleaning head or tool to the exhaust point is almost zero thanks to the thoughtful redesign (see below image).
In other words, the extension wand, bin, and motor are perfectly aligned so that the air circulates in a straight line which boosts the suction pressure by up to 20% when compared to the V8.
Dyson v6, v7, v8 series dust bin design (left) versus Dyson v10 and v11 series redesign (right)
The Dyson V10’s and V11’s suction prowess is 20% and 40% respectively greater than the Dyson V8’s and the newer models’ effectiveness at collecting dust is 20% greater than that of the said previous model.
- The battery life has been also greatly expanded from 40 minutes on a single charge (the V7 and the V8) to a whopping 60 minutes (the V10 and the V11).
- The dust bin capacity is also greater than that of previous models: 0.77 liter versus 0.4 liters (the V6) and 0.5 liters (the V7 and the V8).
- What’s more, the prices of the Dyson V10 and the Dyson V11 have doubled and respectively more than tripled when compared to the V6, so do your research thoroughly before buying any of them.
The Dyson V10 is available in four variants:
The first three models include the same attachments as the V7 and V8 variants with the same name do.
The new entry is the Dyson V10 Total Clean, which comes with a whole-system filtration, one crevice tool, one combination tool, one mini motorized tool (for stubborn ground-in dirt), one mattress tool, and one up-top tool (a revolutionary tool connector for the cleaning of above-ground and hard-to-reach areas like the ceiling).
The Dyson V11 is the more powerful and smarter cousin of the V10, with a hefty price tag.
The Dyson V11 is available in 3 variants:
- The V11 Torque Drive
- The V11 Animal
- The V11 Absolute (not available in the U.S., but widely available in Canada and the U.K.)
The Torque Drive comes with the brand’s most powerful cleaner head to date (see pic to the right) and the most long-lasting battery.
It runs on the Dyson Digital motor V11, the strongest in the series, which paired with the new design delivers 20% more suction than the V10 and 40% more suction than the Dyson V8.
The tools provided for the Torque Drive are 1 x mini motorized tool,1 x Combination tool, 1 x crevice tool, 1 x mini soft dusting brush, 1 x mini motorized tool, and 1 x wand storage clip.
- The V11 series also comes with a smart LCD screen that beams colorful reports on power mode, run-time available, obstructions, along with handy filter maintenance alerts.
- Another plus of the V11 is its unique Dynamic Load Sensor (DLS) system, an sensor-based system, that automatically adjusts the motor speed when switching from hard floors to carpets and back, for optimal suction and extended battery run-time.
Dyson V6 vs. Dyson V7 vs. Dyson V8 vs. Dyson V10 vs. Dyson V11 Vacuums: Side-by-Side Comparison
Just like Dyson V6 Cordless, the Dyson V7, V8, V10, and V11 vacuums can be used as lightweight cordless stick/upright vacuum cleaners, or due to dimensions and weight, as handheld vacuum cleaners.
By removing the extension tube/wand they convert from uprights into handheld cordless vacuum cleaners in a matter of seconds.
Thanks to their suction and available tools, you can use all these vacuums for cleaning of various surfaces, as emergency vacuums for spot cleaning at home and apartments.
Thanks to the generous battery run time, the V10 and V11 can be used even as main vacuums in small-to-medium-sized homes, apartments, dorm rooms, etc. without worrying about tripping over the wires when cleaning the floor or ceiling.
Note: All these units are powerful and not-so-cheap vacuums, so if you plan to teach your children how to, for example, keep their room clean, IMHO, get a cheaper cordless vacuum. Check out our complete Buying Guide for cordless vacuum cleaner here. Anyway, you get what you pay for in this case too, so if you need high-performance cordless vacs, consider one of these top-selling units by Dyson.
The following chart shows the main similarities and differences between the Dyson V6, V7, V8, V10 Absolute and the V11 Torque Drive vacuums.
|Vacuum Model||Dyson V6 Absolute||Dyson V7 Absolute||Dyson V8 Absolute||Dyson V10 Absolute||Dyson V11 Torque Drive|
|Motor Type||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V7||Dyson Digital Motor V8||Dyson Digital Motor V10||Dyson Digital Motor V11|
|Cleaner Head Type||Direct Drive Cleaner Head||Direct Drive Cleaner Head||Direct Drive Cleaner Head||Direct Drive Cleaner Head||Direct Drive Cleaner Head|
|Soft Roller Cleaner Head||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No*|
|Post Motor Filter||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mini Soft Dusting Brush||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Additional Pet Tool||Mini Motorized Tool||Mini Motorized Tool||Mini Motorized Tool||Mini Motorized Tool||Mini Motorized Tool|
|Battery||2,200 mAh Lithium-ion (6 Cell)||2,100 mAh Lithium-Ion (6 Cell)||2,800 mAh Lithium-ion (6 Cell)||2,600 mAh Lithium-ion (6 Cell)||2,600 mAh Lithium-ion (7 Cell)|
|Operating Time||Up to 20 minutes||Up to 30 minutes||Up to 40 minutes||Up to 60 minutes||Up to 60 minutes|
|Max. Power Mode||6 minutes||6 minutes||7 minutes||6 minutes||7 minutes|
|Motor||350 W||–||425 W||450 W||450 W|
|Max. Suction Power||100 Air Watts||100 Air Watts||115 Air Watts||140 Air Watts||185 Air Watts|
|Bin Volume||0.11 gal||0.14 gal||0.14 gal||0.20 gal||0.20 gal|
|Charge Time||3.5 hours||4 hours||5 hours||3.5 hours||4.5 hours|
|Weight||5.1 lbs||5.3 lbs||5.75 lbs||5.8 lbs||6.68 lbs|
|Dimensions (LxWxD)||47.5 x 9.8 x 8.2 inches||49 x 9.8 x 8.8 inches||49 x 9.8 x 8.8 inches||49.2 x 9.5 x 10.1 inches||50.6 x 9.8 x 10.3 inches|
|Dyson V6 Cord Free Brush Bar Comparison||75% more power||75% more power||150% more power||170% more power||190% more power|
*The V11 no longer comes with a soft roller cleaner head since it has been replaced with a torque drive cleaner head for maximum suction and in-depth reach.
Note: At the moment, some models, such as the Dyson V7 Absolute and the Dyson V11 Absolute, are available only via Dyson’s official website.
Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum (mentioned in the table for comparison) has Motorized Cleaner Head, while Dyson V6 Absolute, V7 Absolute and V8 Absolute have Direct Drive Cleaner Head, with V6 Absolute and V7 Absolute having 75% and V8 Absolute having 150% more brush bar power.
Dyson V6 vs. Dyson V7 vs. Dyson V8 vs. Dyson V10 vs. Dyson V11 Vacuums: Tech Specs and Features
- When combined with stronger suction (115 vs 100 Air Watts), Dyson V8 Absolute cleans better than V6 or V7.
- As one can see in the table, Dyson V8 is slightly heavier than V6 and V7, but it has larger dirt bin than V6, stronger motor, more durable battery and it cleans better.
- Dyson V7 sits right in the middle with its performances, weight, and price, often having certain features just like V6 and some like V8.
- Dyson Absolute V6 and V8 are true HEPA vacuum cleaners with excellent air filtration – very important for people with issues like asthma and allergies.
- Dyson V7 Absolute does not come with Post Motor Filter and it is not a true HEPA vacuum, but nonetheless, its air filtration is still very good.
- They also come with practically same additional cleaning tools, that help them to clean various dry surfaces and to clean hard to reach areas and tight spaces, corners and stairs.
- Being powered by fade-free lithium battery, maximum operating time of V8 Absolute is up to 40 minutes, using attachments like crevice tool or dusting brush.
- If powered cleaning attachments are used, then operating time is decreased – up to 30 minutes with the Soft Roller Cleaner Head, and up to 25 minutes with the Direct Drive Cleaner Head.
- Dyson V7 Absolute operating time is up to 30 minutes in normal operating mode using cleaning tools like crevice tool or brush tool. When using cleaning attachments like Soft Roller Clean Head or Direct Drive Cleaner Head, operating time is decreased. In the burst mode (maximum power mode), the operating time is up to 6 minutes.
- Other main Dyson V7 vs V8 improvements are reduced noise levels, up to 50% compared with V6, and improved hygienic dirt ejector.
Dyson V6, Dyson V7 vs V8: Attachments
Most important cleaning attachments are Direct Drive and Soft Roller cleaner heads and they are used mostly for floors.
- Direct Drive Cleaner Head uses built-in motor inside the brush bar. Stiff nylon bristles help in removing dirt and pet hair from carpets and rugs.
- Soft Roller Cleaner Head is optimized for cleaning both dust and large debris from hard floors – soft nylon bristles pick large debris, while carbon fiber filaments remove fine dust and dirt.
Other attachments are designed for specific cleaning tasks in mind
- Combination Tool combines two tools in one: debris tool and brush tool. It is suitable for cleaning crumbs and similar debris from sofas, upholstery, stairs, etc.
- Crevice Tool is suitable for cleaning dirt and debris from narrow spaces, like between seats and cushions, along the edges and corners, etc.
- Mini Soft Dusting Brush is optimized for removing dust and dirt from more sensitive surfaces.
- Mini Motorized Tool thoroughly cleans smaller areas from various dirt, including human and pet hair. When using Dyson cordless vacuums as handheld vacuums, Mini Motorized Tool can be used as excellent cleaning tool for cars, boats, sofas, smaller carpets and rugs etc.
- Stubborn Dirt Brush is used for removing hard to remove dirt off the floors and other surfaces. It has much stiffer bristles than Soft Dusting Brush, which help remove the stubborn dirt – hence the name.
- Hard Floor Tool is used for cleaning hard floors like tiles, laminate, and other bare floors. It is smaller and lighter than Soft Roller Cleaner Head. Also, it can be even used on low-pile carpets, but Direct Drive Cleaner Head does much better job on all carpeted surfaces.
Note that many Dyson’s attachments are available in the form of various cleaning kits – for example, Dyson Asthma and Allergy Kit, which contains three Dyson’s vacuum attachments:
– Soft Dusting Brush,
– Mattress Tool,
– Flexi Crevice Tool.
Such a cleaning kit is designed to clean dust, dirt, allergens, hair, fibers and other debris from hard-to-reach places around the home using, in this case, all Dyson upright, canister and cordless vacuum cleaners.
- Price – Dyson V6, V7, and V8 are high-end cordless vacuum cleaners with many, very useful features and they dictate the price.
If you need just a second or third vacuum cleaner at home, for a small and quick cleaning, Dyson V6, V7 and V8 are, IMHO, overkill and waste of money.
If you need cordless vacuum cleaner which can be used as an emergency vacuum cleaner in the kitchen or in the kids’ room, but also can be used to vacuum entire home or apartment, from floor to ceiling, then consider Dyson V7 or V8 Absolute vacuum cleaner – when compared with V6, they are newer and improved units.
Dyson V6 is still a great cordless vacuum, cheaper than V7 or V8 and it does its job well. So, if the V7 or V8 is slightly over the budget, consider Dyson V6, new or certified refurbished.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check:
Dyson V6 vs. Dyson V7 vs V8 vs. V10 vs. V11: FAQs
The Dyson V7 is great for people with small homes that prefer a cordless vacuum over a classic upright. It is also a great option for traveling due to its longer battery run-time and lower weight when compared to the V8, V10, or V11.
The Dyson V8 is a considerable upgrade in comparison to the V6. The V8 is a great cordless cleaning tool for cars, small homes and traveling. The V8 Absolute is a versatile vacuum cleaner as it packs in tons of accessories such as the Direct Drive cleaning head and the Soft Roller Cleaner Head plus a mini motorized tool for pet hair and a double filtration system (for people with allergies and households with pets).
Besides the budget, we recommend you first understand vacuum cleaners specifications and parameters. Then check the differences between the Dyson V7 vs V8 vs V10 and V 11. Make the best choice by finding a balance between power, efficiency, utility, size, price, and warranty.
Get the Dyson V6 cordless if you are on a tight budget but need a cord-free vacuum for fast spot cleaning and vacuuming of a small home or dorm.
The V10, we believe, it is a great choice for the user that wants a quality cordless that closely matches the performance of an upright around the house, with tons of accessories, and which does not break the bank.
The V11 is for the high-tech enthusiast that wants a cordless vacuum with top-of-the-line tech features, such as smart sensors, intelligent LCD display, and automatic power suction adjustment, paired with extreme suction power and hard-to-beat run-time.
Which one is best for you? That is up to you to decide.
Besides Learning about Dyson V6 vs. Dyson V7 vs V8 vs. V10 vs. V11, Learn More about Other Cleaning Solutions!
- Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner ZZ550 Review and Recommendations
- Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 Review and Recommendations
- CR2032 vs BR2032 vs LIR2032 Coin Cell Batteries | Side-by-Side Comparison
- 18650/19670 Rechargeable Lithium Battery | Specs & Recommendations
- Vacuum Cleaner Battery Types | All You Need to Know
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.