The Electrolux EL2021A Ergorapido Plus Brushroll Clean, 12V Cordless 2-in-1 Stick, and Handheld Vacuum Cleaner is an affordable and very capable vacuum cleaner that combines several features in one device. It can be used as a cordless emergency vacuum cleaner and as a second vacuum cleaner in homes and apartments. Smaller homes with mostly bare floors can even use it as the main vacuum cleaner. Today, we will discuss the Electrolux EL2021A Ergorapido tech specs, features, and provide you with similar products comparisons.
You should not mistake this model for the Electrolux EL1030A Ergorapido Ion Bagless Cordless Stick and Hand Vac, which is also a 2-in-1 battery operated vacuum cleaner. The Electrolux EL2021A Ergorapido has some peers you need to choose from, but this is why we are here, to help you pick the best unit for your needs!
Electrolux EL2021A Ergorapido Features
Let’s see the most important tech specs and features of the Electrolux EL2021A Ergorapido vacuum cleaner!
- 2-in-1 design. This stick and handheld vacuum is optimized for bare floors. When the handheld unit is attached, the device can be used as a cordless stick vacuum. When required, the handheld unit is easily detached and used as a standalone unit.
- Brushroll Clean Technology removes tangled hair and debris from the brush roll with the touch of a button and deposits them in the dust cup.
- The vacuum has variable speed and is equipped with a 12V NiMH battery. The maximum run time is up to 20 minutes (as advertised by manufacturer), but in real life expect some 10-15 minutes of operation.
- 180-degree swivel-head twists and turns around corners and furniture with ease, enabling cleaning of usually hard-to-reach areas.
- Crevice tool and dusting brush are stored on the charging station.
- The unit dimensions (L x W x H): 5″x10.75″x42.5″ (13x27x108 cm).
- Unit weight: 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg).
Unlike some similar designs, Electrolux EL2021A is a freestanding unit – if required, it can be left standing on its own. Although it is very light, if you have pets or small children, don’t leave it unsupervised, since even a cat can knock it down and that handle can hit something or somebody relatively hard. Just my 2 cents 🙂
The Ergorapido EL2021A is equipped with headlights that can help cleaning in low light conditions or under furniture.
When it comes to the dirt bin capacity, it is 0.5 dry quarts (0.55l) – could be larger, but for cordless stick and handheld vacuum, more than enough.
The motorized brush roll is designed for and does very well job on bare floors, but EL2021A can also be used on short-pile carpets. On medium-pile carpets could be better, but that would require another type of cleaning head and that would increase the price of this unit.
Regarding the air filter, it is washable and provides decent level of air filtration – acceptable for most situations.
Electrolux EL2021A Ergorapido Comparison With Similar Ergorapido Models
|Model||Ergorapido Plus, EL2010A||Ergorapido Plus Brushroll Clean, EL2021A||Ergorapido Lithium Ion Plus, EL2055A (Deep Blue)||Ergorapido Lithium Ion Brushroll Clean Xtra, EL2081A (Watermelon Red)|
|Battery||10.8V NiMH||12V NiMH||10.8V Lithium||14.4V Lithium|
|Removable Hand Vacuum||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Brushroll Clean Technology||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited||2 Year Limited||2 Year Limited||2 Year Limited|
|180 Degree Swivel Nozzle||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Accessories||Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush||Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush||Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush||Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush|
|Air Filter||Easy Clean Allergen||Easy Clean Allergen||Easy Clean Allergen||Easy Clean Allergen|
|Run Time||up to 21 min||up to 21 min||up to 21 min||up to 30 min|
|Charging Time||16 hours||16 hours||4 hours||4 hours|
|Check Latest Price||–||EL2021A||EL2055A||EL2081A|
The Main Differences Between These Models
- Battery types. NiMH and lithium-ion batteries. NiMH is generally somewhat cheaper and safer, but lithium-ion batteries are lighter and when used with proper chargers, they are as safe as NiMH batteries. EL2081A uses 14.4V battery and has the longest advertised run time – in real life, expect to achieve 50-75% of advertised run time with all cordless vacuums.
- Brushroll Clean Technology is available in EL2021A and EL2081A models – important for pet owners and those having issues with long hair.
- Headlights are available in EL2021A and EL2081A models. Headlights as a feature on the vacuums don’t sound like an important feature, but after you try them under furniture, you will appreciate them.
When fully drained, the NiMH batteries require at least 16 hours to be fully recharged, while lithium batteries require 4 hours – that is 4x better time. This is not so important for people who use these vacuums only a few minutes at the time, but if you need a cordless vacuum cleaner that is going to be used regularly, consider lithium-ion models.
Ergorapido Plus Brushroll Clean EL2021A is a very good cordless stick and a handheld vacuum cleaner that gets its job done on bare floors. It can be also used on low-pile carpets. With 2 years limited warranty, it is a nice and affordable cleaner.
For more reviews and recommendations, check the Electrolux EL2021A Ergorapido latest price, more tech specs, manufacturer’s recommendations, and users’ reviews!
Electrolux EL2081A Ergorapido Review: Bottom Line
The main differences between EL2021A and EL2081A models are colors (different Ergorapido models come in different colors), battery type and voltage, and price.
EL2081A has a lithium-ion battery that lasts longer and its charging time is 4x faster. And it is cheaper! Although EL2021A is a great vacuum, EL2081A is even better and comes at a more acceptable price. Personally, considering all of this, I would recommend EL2081A over the EL2021A model.
For more details about it, check the Electrolux EL2081A Ergorapido latest price, users’ reviews, and other tech specs and features! Let us know in the comments section below if the Electrolux Ergorapido EL2021A is something you would buy. If you already use this vacuum cleaner, share your experience with it!
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.